Jol Rose is a Swindon-based singer-songwriter. With roots in London, Jol has performed his raw mix of Americana acoustic folk on moving trains, stationary flat-bed trucks and remote Pacific islands.
His debut album My Nebraska, recorded and released in Swindon 2019, mixed stateside influences with desolation and doubt from much closer to home.
2020 saw the release of Jol’s home-recorded and produced follow-up album, Welcome to Zombieland. Mixing fake news with the winged facts flying past the box room, captured by the condenser microphone, dystopia and fallen dreams come home to roost.
The album launch was followed by and 8-gig tour across northern Germany, hip hopping through lockdown and way beyond social distances, through the badlands, up to the Baltic, and back.
He’s played around the world. Highlights include:
- Unity Park – Luganville, Vanuatu
- Hope & Anchor – London, UK
- Passy Metro – Paris, France
- Deichdiele – Hamburg, DE
- Maggie’s Farm – Ely, UK
- Hampshire Hotel – Delft, NL
- Bradford Roots Festival – Bradford-on-Avon, UK
- Acoustic Couch – Bracknell, UK
- Chattahoochee – Hamburg, DE
- India House – New Orleans, USA
- Cricklade Club – Cricklade, UK
- Pilhuhn – Lohne, DE
- The Wolfhound – Haarlem, NL
- Tonfink – Lübeck, DE
More coming soon.